Ever had a burger for breakfast? We feel like this avocado and egg burger combines everything that we love for breakfast. A homemade delicious bun (Brioche buns), yummy avocado, a runny poached egg (and crispy bacon). Perfect for a sunday morning! Prepare for the fact that you might not be very hungry for the rest of the day, espacially if you are not content after only one. Enjoy!
- For the avocado creme:
- 4 avocados
- ½ bunch of parsley
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, finely diced
- A glug of olivoil
- 2 pinches of ground cumin
- 1 knife tip of chilli
- 1-2 tablespoons of lime juice (lemon juice works as well)
- Salt for seasoning
- 100 g of any kind of bacon you have in the house
- 4 burger buns
- 4 eggs
- A knob of butter for frying the buns
Serves 4 for breakfast/lunch/dinner
- Combine all the ingredients for the avocado creme in a bowl and combine. You can also mix it in a blender if you like the consistency to be more smooth.
- In one pan, start to bring some water to a boil for the eggs. Also, bring a frying pan to a medium to high heat and add the butter with a generous pinch of salt. Cut open the buns and fry them on the cutting side down until nice and brown.
- If you opt for bacon, cut the bacon into little cubes and fry in the frying pan of the buns until golden brown. Drain onto some kitchen paper.
- Poach the eggs. If you have never poached an egg before, either watch on YouTube how it is done (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAWduxoCgVk) or just take a fried egg instead.
- Add the avocado creme on the buns and make a little deepening in the middle for the egg. Add the egg on top and on top of them some of the bacon.