Do you love tiramisu? We do and we eat it a lot! So we felt like doing something new and fitting to the arising spring we thought of rhubarb. Mixed together you’ll have a wonderful rich and at the same time fresh dessert. Can you taste the spring?
- 500g mascarpone cheese
- 80g sugar for the tiramisu itself
- 50g sugar for the rhubarb
- 120ml milk
- 150-200g ladyfingers (Löffelbiskuits for our German friends 😉 )
- 300-350ml Espresso
- 2 shots grappa
- 200g rhubarb
- Grated choclate dir the topping
- Cook the espresso and set it aside in a deep dish to cool off. Add the grappa.
- Peel the rhubarb and cut it into eatable pieces. Add the pieces into a pan, cover with water and add the sugar. Bring to a simmer and cook for approximately 5 minutes or until you have a jam like consistency.
- In a bowl, whisk together the mascarpone cheese, the milk and the sugar for the tiramisu until you have a lump free consistency.
- Get your tin or container or whatever you want to place your tiramisu in. Dip the lady fingers into the espresso for 1-2 seconds and then aline them in your tin. Continue until the ground is covered. Now add half of the rhubarb jam on top, followed by half of the mascarpone mixture.
- Do the same steps again – biscuits, jam, mascarpone mixture.
- Top off with some cocoa or some grated dark choclate.
- Refrigerate as least 3-4 hours before you serve it, overnight is even better.