Whenever I wake up in a bad mood because it’s raining outside and it is far to early, I just try to make the morning a little sunnier and whip up some pancakes.
They are very easy, quick to make and so delicious – they will change your mood for the whole day!
I started out making them with dairy products but due to some friends that are vegan I had to improvise and changed the recipe. The flax seeds really do the trick – they help to make them delicious and hold them in shape (and they are healthy as well).
You just need:
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Shred your flax seeds and mix them with nine tablespoons of boiling water.
- Let them soak for a minute and mix them with the “milk”. Then pour the mixture into the dry ingredients and whisk until lump free.
- Chuck a knob of margarine in a hot pan and pour your batter in pancake shapes (3-4 in one pan). Sprinkle a few berries on top of the pancake quickly and flip over when the pancakes begin to bubble and are golden brown underneath.
- Now you can pour, sprinkle or spread on them whatever you like. Maybe you like to try them with some lemon juice and icing sugar. We tried it in a pancake restaurant in Amsterdam for the first time a few years ago and it’s my favourite since then.
Enjoy your morning!