We love pasta and eat it (almost) everyday.
To make it fancy from time to time we make the dough ourselves. It just tastes better!
Selfmade pasta is really easy and worth the effort. At least when you can get hold of a pasta machine – if not we wouldn’t recommend it, it’s not a lot of fun.
This time we made Tagliatelle with a delicious pesto with spinache and rocket from our garden. But you can eat it with whatever you like, just like store bought pasta!
Give it a try!
- 300 g semolina
- 125 ml water
- 3 table spoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
How to make the pasta:
- Combine the semolina and the salt and form a little hill on a working surface. Form a little trough in the middle
- Pour in the water and oil and start stirring with a fork, until liquid and dry ingredients are combined to a dough.
- Knead the dough – by hand, with your kitchen machine, with a mixer with dough hooks, it doesn´t really matter. Depending on your method, kneed the dough 3 – 10 minutes (yes that´s very percise :D) until it has a smooth consistency.
- Rest the dough for a minimum of 30 mintues in the fridge (you can also save it up to a week in case you want to use it later).
- Cut the pasta with your pasta machine and keep the cut pasta on a lightly floured board.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water for approximately 2 minutes. Be carefull, as selfmade pasta overcookes very quickly!